UAVOS has announced that it has unveiled its converted Robinson manned helicopter into unmanned aircraft R-22 as a cargo and farthest range delivery drone. It features a payload capacity of 180 kilograms or 400 pounds and a travel distance of up to 1020 km.
R-22 unmanned helicopter is designed for both cargo delivery and humanitarian / disaster relief applications. Failure to deliver vital equipment under austere operating conditions and timelines can incur substantial fiscal costs, making Robinson’s all weather capabilities particularly valuable. This also opens up new possibilities for safely and efficiently transporting goods in a variety of industries.
Another is the disaster relief mission – where R-22 can bring food, fuel, water, supplies, medicine, communications and even electrical power to areas that are hard-hit by natural or man-made disasters.
The specific advantages that heavy-lift cargo R-22 unmanned helicopter represents:
- Due to its long endurance capability (6 hours), and ability to operate in harsh weather conditions, in both land and maritime environments, the R-22 is a perfect solution for delivery missions;
- Ability to operate in high winds, during weather-related disasters, and night operations;
- Carry a cargo load of up to 180 kilograms or 400 pound;
- Cargo dropping at specified location. R-22 can be used in numerous missions and scenarios requiring cargo delivery such as providing lifesaving measures (communication device, a bottle of water, floating device, etc.) in search and rescue (S&R) missions, dropping of essential material such as drugs in an epidemic situation, etc.;
- Cargo delivery to the most remote parts of the Earth;
- Transporting goods taken from a large cargo aircraft. That allows for a “pop-up” distribution center at an airport, where our R-22 can land, cargo handlers can unload the cargo and then R-22 backs haul cargo to the main logistics base transporting goods taken from a large cargo aircraft;
- All terrain capable.
Specifications of the Robinson UAS platform include:
Takeoff and landing: fully automatic
Level surface: 15 x15m
Maximum cruising speed: 160km/h
Payload with full fuel tank: 40kg
Max. takeoff weight: 635kg
Operational range: 1020km
Service ceiling: 4200km
UAVOS’s CEO, Aliaksei Stratsilatau, commented: The cargo companies only make money when that cargo gets to its destination, and our R-22 is their “guarantee” at any time, and any weather conditions, which makes it a very attractive prospect for any cargo company.