Experts from government and industry will share insights on how unmanned systems technology, policy, operational developments and market trends are shaping the future.
ARLINGTON, Va. — The Association for Unmanned Vehicles Systems International (AUVSI) announced today keynote speakers who will lead conversations about how unmanned systems are shaping the future at AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2019, on April 29 to May 2, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Thought leaders will present keynotes devoted to themes essential to moving the industry forward by focusing on progress, execution and vision. Attendees will take away actionable insight and key knowledge that can be used to elevate their businesses from these speakers and topics:
Tuesday, April 30: The Power of Progress
The opening keynote session will highlight the idea of progress in the unmanned systems industry. From regulation to technical advancement and starting businesses to scaling operations, thought leaders will discuss how innovation requires participation. The keynote will assess the current status of the industry in terms of technology, operations, regulation and the progress being made to further unmanned and autonomous systems with perspectives delivered from industry leaders and technology visionaries.
- Opening Remarks by Brian Wynne, President and Chief Executive Officer, AUVSI
- Michael Chasen, Chief Executive Officer, PrecisionHawk
- Dan Lyons, Acclaimed journalist, best-selling author and hit-comedy screenwriter
- Anil Nanduri, Vice President and General Manager, Drone Group, Intel
- Eric Schwartz, Head of Drone Program, Florida Power and Light
Wednesday, May 1: The Power of Execution
From drone flights over people to increased autonomy for defense ground vehicles, keynote speakers during Wednesday’s session will address the prime opportunity for cross-pollination of information and ideas across industries, domains and market verticals.
- David J. Albritton, President, General Motors Defense LLC
- Carl Burleson, Acting Deputing Administrator, Federal Aviation Administration
- Mike Fields, Innovation Executive, State Farm
Thursday, May 2: The Power of Seeing What’s Next
With a focus on the future, Thursday’s keynote speaker will address where the industry is headed, while also discussing important challenges facing future progress. A Blue Ribbon Panel of aviation experts will discuss the timely and critical issue of incursions by unauthorized unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) at our nation’s airports and how best to mitigate this threat. Finally, the top five finalists for the prestigious AUVSI XCELLENCE Award for humanitarian and philanthropic missions, sponsored by DJI, will also be announced during the session. Additionally, for every person who attends the Day 3 Keynote, AUVSI will donate $2 to the Yellow Ribbon Fund.
- Dennis Muilenburg, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Boeing Company
Blue Ribbon Panel on UAS Mitigation at Airports:
- Michael Huerta, Former Administrator, Federal Aviation Administration
- Matt Cornelius, Executive Vice President, Airports Council International – North America
- Lee Moak, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, The Moak Group
- Mario Rebello, Vice President and Country Manager, North America, DJI
The program host for this year’s show will be Travis Mason, Vice President and Head of Regulatory and Certification Urban Air Mobility (UAM) at Airbus.
AUVSI XPONENTIAL is the largest trade show for the unmanned systems and robotics industry. The 2019 exhibit hall will showcase 700 cutting-edge companies from around the world and more than 150 sessions of educational programming, providing information about the future of unmanned systems policy, technology, business solutions and trending topics.
For more information about the featured speakers and XPONENTIAL 2019 and to register, visit xponential.org.